Lopez Island is located in the San Juan Islands, about an hour and a half drive north of Seattle. We are the first ferry stop on the route leaving Anacortes. There are 2200 full time residents and a strong sense of community.
Lopez will take your breath away from its beauty, not its hills! It is considered a perfect cycling destination for all levels of cyclists. Its rolling terrain is relatively gentle compared to the other islands, coupled with little traffic and beautiful scenery. There are many stops along the way for you to enjoy including amazing beaches, organic farm stands, historic landmarks, wildlife viewing, beautiful vistas, wine tasting and more. Be sure to check out the farmers market with local produce and artisan goods.
- Rental cars are available at SeaTac airport. You can then drive to the San Juan Islands’ ferry terminal, in Anacortes, WA
- The Airporter Shuttle/ BellAir Charters will take you from the airport to the ferry terminal. Phone: 866-235-5247
- Kenmore Air offers floatplane flights to and from Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria BC to the San Juan Islands.
From Bellingham, Anacortes or Vancouver BC:
- San Juan Airlines offers affordable flights out of Anacortes and Bellingham. Phone: 360-676-9999
Washington State Ferries
The most common mode of transportation to and from the San Juans is the Washington State Ferries. Ferries leave the terminal at Anacortes, WA and travel to Lopez, Shaw, Orcas, and San Juan islands. When driving onto the ferry, Lopez is the first stop. Our shop is located 4 miles from the ferry terminal, in Lopez Village. You can also park your car at the Anacortes ferry terminal (there is a small parking fee) and walk onto the ferry. If you plan on driving on the ferry, reservations are highly recommended. See the links below:
- General Ferry Info
- Ferry Reservations
- Anacortes/San Juan Islands ferry schedule
- Anacortes Terminal Info
Bed and Breakfasts
Cottages and Houses
Lopez Islander Resort Phone: 800-736-3434